Dry docking areas
The areas specific to dry dock work on ships generate polluted water. This water, generally loaded in suspended solids (SS), chemical oxygen demand (COD) and hydrocarbons, must be treated in accordance with standards before being discharged into the natural environment.
To optimise and simplify the treatment of water from dry dock operations, Nomado offers a containerised and compact solution. Offering an adapted process according to the regulatory discharge threshold and the dry dock surface area: we are capable of providing cost-effective and modular solutions, in a container or below ground. The efficiency of the systems implemented allow discharge limit values to be achieved that are compatible with recommendations by the “Vague Bleu Carénage” seal (seal awarded to environmentally-friendly dry docks) and the “Port Propre” flag (“Clean Port).
In addition to dry docking, worksites also carry out other activities that generate soiled water. Even if dry dock worksites perform more or less the same activities, implementing these techniques vary from one worksite to another.
The Loire Bretagne Agency carried out an inventory of pollution generating activities at dry docking sites:
Several types of cleaning areas may exist:
- Container cleaning area
This water, generally loaded in suspended solids (SS), chemical oxygen demand (COD) and hydrocarbons, must be treated in accordance with standards before being discharged into the natural environment.
The treatment standard may be defined directly in the operating permit or in the corresponding ICPE item (French Classified facilities for Environmental Protection) (item 2795).
- Vehicles and motorised machinery cleaning area
Vehicles and motorised machinery are cleaned in specific cleaning areas which channel pollution that may vary greatly according to the type of industry:
- Road and worksite vehicles mainly generate a particular type of pollution containing a fairly significant amount of detergent depending on the cleaning process implemented. The treatment processes generally implemented are settling tanks and/or biological reactors.
- Handling equipment in ports or mechanical workshop cleaning areas generally generate pollution with a high hydrocarbon and FOG content, often requiring the implementation of scrubbers/filters and physico-chemical treatment.
- Container cleaning area
Polluted water that gathers in industrial cleaning areas and effluent from high pressure stripping are very diverse and require specific treatment processes adapted on a case-by-case basis according to the project.
We carry out studies for all sorts of projects:
- Exchanger cleaning areas
- Mechanical parts
- Pipe or paint stripping
- Worksite equipment or installed in cleaning areas
To optimise and simplify the treatment of effluent from cleaning areas, Nomado offers a containerised and compact solution. Offering an adapted process according to the regulatory discharge threshold and wishing to use all or part of treated effluent, we are capable of providing cost-effective and modular solutions, in a container or on a SKID.
Sheet metal work and welding of the hydraulic structures are performed directly inside the container. Waterproofing is ensured by a seal made of special coatings that constitutes a perfectly monolithic block. It prevents water from coming into contact with the structures. The Coatings’ properties are always chosen in accordance with the project’s specifics (Health compliance certificate, WRAS, aggressiveness of reagents or water, etc.).
The advantages of Nomado’s solutions
- Cost-effective alternative to civil engineering infrastructures and buried facilities
- Systems that can be reused and relocated
(worksite bungalows, industrial reorganisation, end of concession)
- Portable investment
- Possibility to rent, buy back or lease with option to purchase
- In-situ production or treatment
Operational and environmental benefits
- Multimodal transportation (rail, road, sea, air…)
- Simple, fast installation and commissioning
- Maintenance by our technicians possible
- Easy, rapid dismantling upon project completion
- Reduction in carbon footprint
- Worksite hazards reduced
Quality and HSE
- Treatment process adaptable to discharge standards
- Design in accordance with country standards and regulations
- Pre-built and factory tested
- Anticipation of the possibility of deteriorated operating conditions (scenario analysis)
- Targeted oversizing of critical equipment (pumps, motors, etc.)
- Specific job site conditions taken into account (heat, sand, sea, etc.)
Versatile and adaptable
- “Plug & play” design
- Possibility of adding a unit in the event of a variation in load or flow rate
- Can be integrated into an existing facility
Tell us about your project
21 Boulevard du Capitaine Gèze
13014 MARSEILLE FRANCE
+33 (0) 7 83 64 55 33