A solution adapted to specific requirements.
Leachate is effluent that is produced when stormwater run-off comes into contact with decomposing waste that is landfilled. This leachate mainly contains nitrogen-based (ammonia), carbon-based (COD, organic waste) and heavy metal-based pollutants.
Generally, leachate is stored in tanks at these landfill sites before being treated in-situ or removed from the site.
The nature and composition of waste, the conditions in which it has been landfilled, the site’s operating methods or the weather conditions to which the waste is exposed greatly influence the nature and the quantity of leachate produced. Another difficulty: the composition of leachate varies considerably over time.
This complexity and diversity require us to first describe the properties and quantity of the effluent to be treated (load, volume, flux, toxicity). This characterisation exercise must also be undertaken over time in order to ascertain the variations in quantity and quality in order to determine the suitability of the treatment process envisaged.
We offer suitable treatment units be it for a pretreatment solution if the site has a discharge agreement with a wastewater treatment plant, or for treatment before discharge into the natural environment, depending on the characteristics of the effluent as well as discharge authorisations.
The best treatment solution is often a combination of a series of several, very different processes in which we are expert ((physico-chemical, biological treatment (aeration, oxidation, with ozone), membrane treatment)).
Nomado has significant experience in studying, sizing and constructing these treatment systems. We can assist you.
Sheet metal work and welding of the hydraulic structures are performed directly inside the container. Waterproofing is ensured by a seal made of special coatings that constitutes a perfectly monolithic block. It prevents water from coming into contact with the structures. The Coatings’ properties are always chosen in accordance with the project’s specifics (Health compliance certificate, WRAS, aggressiveness of reagents or water, etc.).
The advantages of Nomado’s solutions
- Cost-effective alternative to civil engineering infrastructures and buried facilities
- Systems that can be reused and relocated
(worksite bungalows, industrial reorganisation, end of concession)
- Portable investment
- Possibility to rent, buy back or lease with option to purchase
- In-situ production or treatment
Operational and environmental benefits
- Multimodal transportation (rail, road, sea, air…)
- Simple, fast installation and commissioning
- Maintenance by our technicians possible
- Easy, rapid dismantling upon project completion
- Reduction in carbon footprint
- Worksite hazards reduced
Quality and HSE
- Treatment process adaptable to discharge standards
- Design in accordance with country standards and regulations
- Pre-built and factory tested
- Anticipation of the possibility of deteriorated operating conditions (scenario analysis)
- Targeted oversizing of critical equipment (pumps, motors, etc.)
- Specific job site conditions taken into account (heat, sand, sea, etc.)
Versatile and adaptable
- “Plug & play” design
- Possibility of adding a unit in the event of a variation in load or flow rate
- Can be integrated into an existing facility
Tell us about your project
21 Boulevard du Capitaine Gèze
13014 MARSEILLE FRANCE
+33 (0) 7 83 64 55 33